Monday 20 June 2011

Doubles Matters More

What is it about doubles matches that they replay in my mind long into the night? Especially last night. The tie break set point where I didn't intercept on James' second serve.......and it was the closest we came to winning a set all night. My service game we dropped at 5-6 down, which included an edgy double (despite serving really well much of the evening). My struggle to return serve well. All of these sped through my mind in the early hours, gradually slowing down to sleep.

There's something about doubles. Its one of the few teams I'm a part of each year. It's succeeding together and falling together. There's a built in audience of players on the court, which at times unhelpfully raises my self consciousness, whereas in singles its just you and me.

Last night rankles more than most.......pouring rain, do we or don't we play? More rain........off we come and lets go home........no its stopped. 3 sets where it was absolutely nip and tuck.......but left with nothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment